Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thank You Cards

I finally started working on my thank you cards from the funeral services from last weekend...Im super late, however I didn't want to do the traditional store bought cards. My mom always loved handmade things and I think, if she were here, she'd want a handmade thank you card sent out....plus, I just have so much fun creating them!

I have to make approximately 20 cards....so I decided to go with a simple design...one that I can easily recreate several times!!

Recipe:
1 - 5x7" White Folding Card
1 - 4.75x6.75" Black Cardstock
1 - 4.5x6.5" Recollections Patterned Page
1 - 2" wide Recollections "sparkly" white cardstock (comes in the "precious metals" 8.5 x 11" pack)
1 - 6" black ribbon
6 - paper flowers
3 - brads
I embossed the white strip with Cuttlebug Divine Swirls folder.

The tag was printed on by my printer and then cut to size and layered. :)

Thanks for looking! Have a great day!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie!
    Welcome to blogland.... love your projects and awesome job with the Cricut...
    Sorry to hear about your mom and you BF... my prayer's are with you....
    I'm your newest follower too...
    Have a super Thursday....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for stopping by!! :) Im loving the whole blogworld thing!! I didn't think it would be this exciting (nor inviting!) haha!

      Delete
  2. Leslie,
    I can't even imagine what you are going through. Sending a big hug! I do think these cards will be just perfect. I stopped by to thank you for hopping along today and helping Carri celebrate her birthday.

    And I wanted to say that even though I am on the DT for Crafter's Companion, I'm not just saying it to sell the product when I mention that I LOVE my Ultimate tool! It is super cool and I literally pull it out every time I craft. It comes with a DVD to help you figure out all the cool things it does and I definitely recommend the Advanced DVD that I mentioned on my blog because it just takes it to the next level.
    Happy Thursday!! Stacy H-W

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslie and welcome to blogland! I am so sorry to hear about your Mom. I am sending prayers your way. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I am also following you and love all your projects. Nice job:)
    Take care,
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete