Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Cinch V.2

Just wanted to post an update...just made a purchase of the "cinch" by we r memory keepers....I am waiting for it to arrive in the mail! :)

I could not find the machine anywhere locally, only version 1, which apparently is not as good as the newest model. Anyhow, with a lot of research on the item,  I finally located one online for an unbeatable price.....$59.99! It's on sale right now, so if you have ever thought of getting one but couldn't justify spending $110, now is the time!! You cant even get it off of ebay for less! Consumer Crafts - Cinch V2  

If you spend 100, then economy shipping is free. otherwise for standard shipping it is like 11 bucks. I only spent 65, so i had to pay for shipping! :( lol

Anyhow, the reason I wanted to get this machine is so I can make an album for my boyfriend's mom for mother's day. It will include all of her favorite family pictures and leave spaces for her to journal about memories :)

I think it will turn out great...or I hope so anyways!! I practiced making the book covers last night (I forgot to take a picture though :(     )   But, instead of blowing 4 bucks on the "covers" cinch or bind it all offers, I took regular weight 12x12 chipboard and cut it in half. Then I cut the halves into half. So I ended up with 4 6x6 boards. I doubled them up by gluing 2 6x6 boards together then covered them with decorative paper....it turned out super good and sturdy! For almost nothing!! :) I will post pictures when I get home tonight!

In the mean time, I threw this card together last night for a friend's birthday. ......

It was a simple card, as I didn't have a lot of time to do much. But, I used paper from my DCWV stack and create a critter cricut cartridge (I love this cart!)
I used my sewing machine for the stitching around the border :)


Im just gonna say, again....I cannot wait for my Cinch V2 to get here!! :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment